the meaning of 'hop'

2004-11-03 10:56:11

 The mechanism works between the rfc2822 originator and the
 rfc2821 rcpt-to.
 That is not usually called 'hopwise'.  That is usually called
 end-to-end.

 A mailing list is a hop. It is not a final desitination.

If I receive a message addressed to me, hold it for 3 years, and then
're-send' it to someone else, that later re-sending is a second 'hop'?

This is semantically identical to the behavior of a mailing list,
except that the mailing list is more likely to make arbitrary changes
to the content.

You are using a model that is much higher-level than folks normally
apply to the construct.

 As for its relationship to any claimed IPR, feel free to cite
 specific language of specific claims that you think this
 impacts.  Beyond trying to respond to such specifics, I would
 prefer to conduct an engineering discussion, rather than a
 legal one.

 What wasn't clear about what I wrote?

You provided no specific language to analyze.

And, please, don't include a large quantity of text and then say it
covers the concern.  IPR claims are specific and reasonably terse.
And they are considered independently.

d/
--
Dave Crocker