Re: Want a BoF at IETF 62?

2005-01-05 10:34:33

On Wed, 5 Jan 2005, Jim Fenton wrote:

Sure, any entity modifying a message SHOULD re-sign it.  But I don't see any
reason to explicitly exclude end to end use, if all the intermediaries (and
even re-originators, like mailing lists) happen to be "nice" to the message.
Or is it that the "good enough" solution you have in mind explicitly excludes
end to end use?

What I would like to be able to do is reject any message which has a
signature that fails to verify, without false positives (which are defined
by senders and recipients of messages, not by me).

Tony.
--
f.a.n.finch  <dot(_at_)dotat(_dot_)at>  http://dotat.at/
CULLERCOATS: THERE COULD BE A SHORT PERIOD OF STORM FORCE WINDS IN VIKING,