Re: Want a BoF at IETF 62?

2005-01-05 16:48:57

What I would like to be able to do is reject any message which has
a signature that fails to verify, without false positives (which
are defined by senders and recipients of messages, not by me).

This looks to be very hard to do, in the short term, anyway.

Yes, though I think it's an important wish-list item to consider
because I think a lot of people are going to expect to be able to do
this whether it's feasible or not.

Don't worry, they'll never see the signature because they'll already
have rejected the message due to broken SPF.

Unless you're proposing a new mail system to run in parallel with the
old one, we're stuck working around old broken software for quite a
while.

--
John R. Levine, IECC, POB 727, Trumansburg NY 14886 +1 607 330 5711
johnl(_at_)iecc(_dot_)com, Mayor, http://johnlevine.com,