RE: Good enough?

2005-01-06 14:55:11

From: Jim Fenton [mailto:fenton(_at_)cisco(_dot_)com]

I'm not seeing DK signatures on messages sent from my
Earthlink account,
and no checking of DK-signed mail sent to it.  In what way are they
already using DomainKeys?

How many of the above are checking DK signatures?

How many of the spam filtering companies are checking Domain Keys? I am sure
we don't in our product but we do make use of SPF data.

I think that Carl Hutzler gave the right description of the situation at the
FTC meeting. What people are probably going to end up doing long term is to
use an SPF policy record to provided the data to perform a HELO check, then
do signature verification on top if they need more info. In the meantime
however there is a lot of value that can be gained from the 2821 and PRA
checking.

        Phill