Re: Good enough?

2005-01-07 00:09:37

David Mayne wrote:

Jim Fenton wrote:

I'm not seeing DK signatures on messages sent from my Earthlink account, and no checking of DK-signed mail sent to it. In what way are they already using DomainKeys?

We're taking it a bit at a time. We've started signing outbound messages that have the rfc2822 From: header that has a domain part of "earthlink.net", and, they have authenticated to our SMTP auth servers. We haven't started yet with our other consumer domains, or when the customer is using a From: header that isn't @ earthlink.net. That will follow shortly, we wanted to test the waters, and see the impact on our servers with a subset of the outbound mail to start with (not to mention my development team resources were a bit tight at the end of the year as well).

Thanks, David. That explains it: I had been using the webmail client; when I did authenticated submission the message got signed. Glad to see you're using the h= option to sign specific headers; that makes things quite a bit more robust.

-Jim