Re: Responsibility assignment ad mailing list survival (was RE: Good as the enemy of OK)

2005-01-13 15:49:12

Domain Keys is only intended to survive forwarders like the the ones at
ieee.org and pobox.com, where any changes other than adding headers to the
top are basically MTA bugs and don't change the sense of the message.

In what sense it adding a header (other than a Trace or Resent header)
to the bottom an MTA bug?

I didn't say it was.  RFC2821 doesn't think much of it, but I agree that
it's common.

The kinds of bug I was thinking of is the ancient sendmail one that adds a
blank line to the bottom of a message as it's forwarded.  That's why DK
canonicalization basically only squeezes out white space.

Regards,
John Levine, johnl(_at_)iecc(_dot_)com, Primary Perpetrator of "The Internet
for Dummies",
Information Superhighwayman wanna-be, http://iecc.com/johnl, Mayor