Re: Most recent sender.

2005-01-14 15:10:57

--On Friday, January 14, 2005 12:30 PM -0800 Douglas Otis <dotis(_at_)mail-abuse(_dot_)org> wrote:

> I don't think we should concern ourselves with why the change
> occurred.  What's important is stating that it was knowingly changed.
> Let the  recipient sort it out later.  This would be the value that a
> reputation  system could add, later.

I agree an authentication result trace would be helpful. It could note
what names were authenticated. Wrapping this with a signature would also
be interesting.  Would you see the signature being applied to just the
Received header?

That is my current conceptual model, although we probably want something with more details in it, e.g., the SMTP From and something that indicates what it was changed to if that happens, among other things.

Jim