Re: SSP - 3rd party Signers - Definition/Usage

2005-07-29 16:22:44

On Fri, 29 Jul 2005, Michael Thomas wrote:

That's essentially what the iim home/routing tag was about. A routing
signature was just a signature that says "I signed this because I felt
like it" rather than "I signed this because I want to take responsibility
for something".

What makes you think malicious signer would be truthfull? If you open your
system up and allow 3rd party signer signatures (i.e. mail lists) to be
replacement for original eventhough "d" and "i" in no way match, then you
invite somebody to use this hole to make it appear email is valid when
the actual domain providing authorization is something that just appared
on the next in last 24 hours.

--
William Leibzon
Elan Networks