Re: Comments on draft-allman-dkim-base-00.txt

2005-08-01 13:11:43

Thomas Roessler wrote:
On 2005-07-31 08:36:25 -0700, Michael Thomas wrote:

Taking an existing MIME body and wrapping that into some kind of
multipart is, essentially, trivial, and can be implemented in a
short Bourne shell script.  The complexity and amount of MIME
awareness needed to generate an RFC1847-style multipart/signed
is *exactly* the same as is the one that is needed to create
what you call "RFC 2822-level signatures."

And unwrapping?

You actually read my message?

First, see Ned Freed's message about UA's vs. Multipart/signed.
Second, I meant what I wrote: just because it's easy to encapsulate
a message doesn't mean that the reverse operation is equally
trivial. I for one would not want to contemplate writing that
unwrapping function with the Bourne shell.

                Mike