mutli-line strings (again)

1997-05-20 20:12:15
I never saw what I'd consider concensus, so I'd like to hash this out
again.

There are at least three proposals for multi-line strings:
| ANSI-C style:
| "This is a multi-line string.\n"  "It is spread over several lines.\n"
| "\"This is a quoted string.\"\n"

This is a second try; I think LISP lets you get away with this:
| "This is a multi-line string.
| There is a line break. \"I suppose this is a quoted string.\"
| "

And Chris' modification of what's in the draft:

--
                                           Tim Showalter
tjs(_at_)andrew(_dot_)cmu(_dot_)edu