RE: vacation

1997-05-22 17:20:34
I think the point that Ned made was that to do Out of Office processing
you expect the mail system to keep a database of recipients who have
received your oof message. You could certainly implement out of office
using sieve but that would probably require extensions to maintain your
database.

-----Original Message-----
From: Jack De Winter [SMTP:jack(_at_)wildbear(_dot_)on(_dot_)ca]
Sent: Thursday, May 22, 1997 5:14 PM
To:   Tim Showalter; MTA Filters
Subject:      Re: vacation

At 07:02 PM 5/22/97 -0400, Tim Showalter wrote:
Should the base spec provide a way to do vacation-style forwarding?
What should this mechanism be?

I thought that sieve kind of made a vacation system surpufluous (sp?)?
Are are you talking about the mechanics behind vacation?  If so,
could you spell out what you think those mechanics entail so we can
get a clear picture?

regards,
Jack
Jack De Winter - Wildbear Consulting, Inc.
(519) 884-4498                http://www.wildbear.on.ca/

Author of SLMail for 95 & NT (http://www.seattlelab.com/)