Re: vacation

1997-05-26 09:26:27

On Thu, 22 May 1997 16:50:39 -0700 (PDT)  Ned Freed
<Ned(_dot_)Freed(_at_)innosoft(_dot_)com> wrote:

Should the base spec provide a way to do vacation-style forwarding?
What should this mechanism be?

It can be there but it has to be optional, since vacation forwarding depends
on
a database of addresses-already-sent-to, which implies significant per-user
storage, storage some implementations may not want to allow for. Management of
this database may be a bit more than we need in the base document, too...

I agree with Ned here.   It is an extension that we should probably work
on right away though because it is such a highly sought after function.
Doing that would be a nice way to test out how well the extension
mechanisms specified in the base document work.

---
Steve Hole                      VP,  Research and Development
The Esys Corporation            EMail: steve(_at_)esys(_dot_)ca
900 10040 - 104 St.             Phone: 403-424-4922
Edmonton, AB, Canada            Fax:   403-424-4925
T5J 0Z6