Re: draft-ietf-drums-msg-fmt-02.txt

1997-06-29 18:05:07
On Jun 29,  8:41pm, Pete Resnick wrote:
} Subject: Re: draft-ietf-drums-msg-fmt-02.txt
}
} Note: Reintroducing a message into the transport system and using resent
} fields is a different operation from "forwarding". Forwarding a message is to
} make it the body of a new message. A forwarded message does not appear to
} have come from the original sender, but is an entirely new message from the
} forwarder of the message. Resent headers are not intended for use with
} forwarding.
}
} Do you really think I need to move this up to the top of the section?

The sieve draft being discussed over on ietf-mta-filters is using the
term `forward' to mean what DRUMS is tagging with `Resent-' headers.
I think the terminology had better be consistent everywhere.