Re: sieve: vacation extension

1997-11-20 23:54:44
On Thu, 20 Nov 1997, Chris Newman wrote:

Vacation has to respond to the MAIL FROM address or Return-Path address,
not to the Reply-To/From header.

Ok, will change this.

You probably need a way to specify the delay between repeat notifications
if it's not the default one week.  I'm not sure how important this is.

I'm going to have to add a general way of doing optional arguments to
commands, I think, so it's easier for extensions.  There are a couple
commands in the draft that could benefit from this.

I suggest you drop the recipient check, but instead use Sieve to do the
recipient check in examples.  The Sieve interpreter may not know all the
address forms for the script owner.

I don't agree with this.  I'm afraid if users try to configure vacation,
they'll blow it more times than they get it right.

The man page on vacation does a good job explaining the services it
provides.  It's fairly complete and well designed.

Guess I need to stare at it some more ...  thanks.

--
                                           Tim Showalter
tjs(_at_)andrew(_dot_)cmu(_dot_)edu