Re: arguments and strings

1998-02-01 18:01:11
Date: Sun, 01 Feb 1998 14:05:29 -0800 (PST)
From: Ned Freed <Ned(_dot_)Freed(_at_)innosoft(_dot_)com>

I would suggest that instead of overloading () in this way that we instead
consider the use of commas. Comma separated parameter lists aren't exactly
unheard of...

Hm, that's probably the right thing to do.

I'd also be in favor of changing stringlists to use some other set of
brackets; I'm pretty sure Rob mentioned this, but I can't remember to whom.

You've already committed {} and (), that leaves [] and <>. I dislike <> since
it may interfere with future expression syntax; I'd therefore recommend [],
which I think is what Rob wanted as well. Rob?