RE: Proposed Sieve extensions

1998-11-16 11:38:06

--On Fri, Nov 13, 1998 12:04 PM -0500 the entity known as Gregory Sereda
<gsereda(_at_)maillennium(_dot_)att(_dot_)com> wrote:

I really doubt that we
are going to have millions of internet users writing Sieve scripts.
I expect most services will have a easy point and click interface
to create the filter rules, hiding Sieve details.

Exactly. It's up to us client-types to come up with a good interface for
real human beings.

What I think is a reasonable general goal, though, is that all other things
being equal, the syntax be such that a reasonably adept sysadmin can
understand it. And I don't see anything in Sieve at this point that's
really that difficult to follow.

Difficult to implement may be another issue, but I'd like to see more trial
and error by several implementers off a relatively stable specification
before making any conclusions.

- matt

   Matthew Wall * mailto:wall(_at_)cyrusoft(_dot_)com * http://www.cyrusoft.com
   Cyrusoft International, Inc.          Proud Purveyors of Mulberry
            "Making the desktop safe for IMAP since 1995"