Duplicated header lines

1999-01-21 20:27:38
The other day I received a mail message with multiple "To" lines, and
this got me thinking---what is the definition of the "header" test
when a header appears multiple times?

Currently, my implementation is broken---it tests only against the
first (or maybe last) header of that name---but it's quite possibly
that I want to see if I'm mentioned explicitly in the "To" header, and
this will break if there are multiple "To" headers.

I've thought about fixing this by appending the contents of a header
that appears multiple times together, possibly with a \r\n in
between.  (I'm lazy.)

Tim suggested that instead a header test be run against each instance
of the header, and the result OR'd together.  (But this is also easy.)

Thoughts?

Larry