Re: 07bis Sieve spec.

1999-03-30 14:44:55
Date: Tue, 30 Mar 1999 13:57:01 -0600
From: Pete Resnick <presnick(_at_)qualcomm(_dot_)com>
Cc: ietf-mta-filters(_at_)imc(_dot_)org

OK, not to start controversies that may have already been decided, but:

Too late.  Actually I don't care about most of this, and now's the time
to fix it.  I note, however, that most of that language has been around
for quite a while.

The only point I feel strongly about is this:

2. Why? Maybe I want to make a folder of messages that I have
rejected, or redirect them to a processor that updates my "bad people
to filter against" list. What's the problem with rejecting and doing
one of these other things?

I do not want the spec to require that users be granted the ability to
make a mail server lie.

Everything else, I have no problem.  Some of the reject language is
probably too specific, and making things a little more flexible doesn't
bother me.

--
Tim Showalter <tjs+(_at_)andrew(_dot_)cmu(_dot_)edu>