Re: sieve vacation draft

1999-04-08 14:18:53
Tim> This is a Sieve vacation draft. I would like to get the nits out of it

Tim> 3.6. Address Parameter and Limiting Replies to Personal Messages

Tim> "Vacation" never responds to a message unless the user's email address
Tim> is in the "To" or "Cc" line of the original message. Implementations are
Tim> assumed to know the user's email address, but users may have additional
Tim> addresses beyond the control of the local mail system.

Tim> Users can supply additional mail addresses that are theirs with the
Tim> ":addresses" argument, which takes a string-list listing additional
Tim> addresses that a user might have. These addresses are considered in
Tim> addition to the addresses that the implementation knows.

(If this was covered previously, forgive me, but I didn't notice it.)

I like the above, but what about the following?  An implementation would
be assumed to know that my address is <jbeck(_at_)eng(_dot_)sun(_dot_)com>, but
I'd like a
response to go out for mail to <jbeck(_at_)[*(_dot_)]eng(_dot_)sun(_dot_)com>.
Is this covered
by the "Implementations are assumed" clause?  The Unix vacation program
only looks at the local part, and I think it would be a Good Idea to make
it easy for people to specify the same behavior (if not the default).

-- John