Re: address test with multiple addresses?

1999-05-20 05:58:32
Ok, this is the behavior implemented in CMU Sieve 1.1.

I think some clarifying language ("header" and "address" tests are
performed for each header present and for each address present, doing
a logical or of the results.)

Thanks,
Larry

   > > How is the address test suppose to handle multiple addresses?
   > >
   > > For instance, if my message has:
   > >
   > > To: leg(_at_)andrew(_dot_)cmu(_dot_)edu,
sg3y(_at_)andrew(_dot_)cmu(_dot_)edu

   > > and I test
   > >
   > > if address :localpart :is "to" "sg3y" {
   > >   fileinto "INBOX.silly";
   > > }
   > >
   > > does this match?  When should it match with multiple addresses?

   > My assumption is that it would work just like header, and that if any
   > address appeared in any named header, it would match.

   I agree with Tim's assessment (and FWIW, so does my implementation).