Re: last chance before last call on sieve and vacation

2000-05-02 21:51:49
In the Vacation draft:

Alternatively, scripts can store records of who has received which message, and never send a message to someone twice.

I think this should be "implementations can store", since there is no facility in Sieve itself for storing this info.

"Vacation" MUST NOT respond to a message unless the user's email address is in the "To" or "Cc" line of the original message.

Shouldn't the "Bcc" header be permitted, as well? Some mailers (not many, I'll admit) generate a "Bcc" header. If you have vacation set and I use one of these mailers to send mail to your buddy, and I bcc you, I should get a vacation notice.

In "3.7. Restricting Replies to Automated Processes", I'd suggest also saying that implementations MUST NOT respond to mail that has any header fields which start with "List-".

 Vacation does not affect the implicit keep.

This might be more clear if it said "Vacation, by itself, still requires the implicit keep." I'm not sure, though.

--
Randall Gellens
-------------- Randomly-selected tag: ---------------