Re: last chance before last call on sieve and vacation

2000-07-11 09:38:48

Randall Gellens wrote:

In the Vacation draft:

In "3.7. Restricting Replies to Automated Processes", I'd suggest
also saying that implementations MUST NOT respond to mail that has
any header fields which start with "List-".

Along the same lines should we also add something like:

... SHOULD not respond to messages with an Auto-Submitted field with a
keyword other than "no".

as suggested in draft-ietf-mailext-new-fields-15.txt?

Also from the same draft, perhaps we should recommend adding an
"Auto-Submitted: auto-replied (vacation)" header.

This functionality is already implemented in cmu-sieve.  The vacation
program as packaged with sendmail uses the Auto-Submitted header as well
(although it incorrectly uses the auto-generated keyword).

Ken
Software Engineer     21 Princeton Place
716-662-8973 x26      Orchard Park, NY 14127