Re: Sieve redirect works but vacation doesn't

2000-11-17 09:45:35

Gary Mills wrote:

Eurika!  I finally got a vacation response.  Here's the problem:
My sieve script looked like this...

  require ["fileinto","vacation"];

  vacation :days 4 :addresses ["mills(_at_)testing(_dot_)umanitoba(_dot_)ca",
"mills(_at_)mail(_dot_)testing(_dot_)umanitoba(_dot_)ca"] "Testing vacation
for the next week";

My test messages were sent to ``mills(_at_)cc(_dot_)UManitoba(_dot_)CA''.
When I changed
the addresses in the sieve script to have the four upper-case characters,
I got my first ever vacation response.  Sendmail rewrites all of our
addresses in that format.  However, case should not matter in hostnames.
Lmtpd should be doing a case-independant comparison!

I think you're right, but before I make any changes, I want to make sure
that I don't break anything else.

Issues that come to mind:

- do we compare the entire addresses case-independently or just the
domain?
- should the same be done for loop control mechanisms (ie, comparing
envelope 'from' and envelope 'to', or comparing envelope 'from' and
:addresses)?

Any thoughts?

Ken
Software Engineer     21 Princeton Place
716-662-8973 x26      Orchard Park, NY 14127