Re: GUI editors for Sieve scripts

2000-12-18 08:25:17
--On Monday, December 18, 2000 11:53 AM +0100 Jaroslav Snajdr <jarda(_at_)tinysoftware(_dot_)com> wrote:

Hello,

is anybody aware of any existing GUI editors for Sieve scripts? I'm just
trying to develop a Web based one and I have serious problems to make it
use all of Sieve's power and yet to remain simple and comprehensible.
So, I'm just seeking for some inspiration...

-jns

The new publically available v2.1a1 release of Mulberry features a GUI SIEVE script generator. It allows you to create script 'elements' which you can then put together into a script and write out to disk as a file. We'll be adding support for upload to the SIEVE script repository via CMU's sieved protocol at a later date.

As regards being able to provide the full power of a SIEVE script via a GUI, we came to the conclusion that its just not feasible to do complex scripts in a GUI that's simple to use. Our approach was to provide an option to edit a 'raw' script element instead of use the GUI constructor. This seemed like the best trade-off.

--
Cyrus Daboo