Re: Regex matching complete headers.

2001-01-03 14:21:39
ned(_dot_)freed(_at_)innosoft(_dot_)com writes:

This is not an example of multiple subject lines, it is an example of
a single folded subject line. Folding is removed prior to comparison;
it is arbitrary and can change during message transit. Unfortunately,
the sieve specification doesn't make this clear, and it should. (The
reason it doesn't is probably that the handling of folding is
considered to be such a fundamental characteristic of email headers
that nobody thought to point it out.)

Right.  Actually I think there are clearer folding rules in the
forthcoming 822bis document anyway, and I was thinking about those when
I forgot about this.

I'll try and add a sentence saying this if/when I can.

Good.