Re: Action interaction - specifically discard+keep and discard+reject

2001-02-13 20:30:22
   From: ned(_dot_)freed(_at_)mrochek(_dot_)com
   Date: Tue, 13 Feb 2001 18:50:22 -0800 (PST)
   Cc: Nigel Swinson <Nigel(_at_)Swinson(_dot_)com>,
ietf-mta-filters(_at_)imc(_dot_)org

   > "Nigel Swinson" <Nigel(_at_)Swinson(_dot_)com> writes:

   > > Suppose this is my script:
   > >
   > >                if A { keep; } if B { discard; }

   > > It is obvious what I've to do if either A or B is true, and if
   > > neither A nor B is true, but what do I do when A AND B are
   > > true?

   > Do a keep (an explicit one).  Discard cancels the implicit keep
   > and only the implicit keep.

   Dang, you're right. I forgot about the interpretation of discard as
   cancelling implicit keep. (Although my code didn't forget...) Sorry
   for saying otherwise in my earlier post.

Ha ha.  I feel for this one, too.  Sure enough, after Tim yelled at me
I looked at the code and found this comment:

/* discard message m
 *
 * incompatible with: nothing---it doesn't cancel any actions
 */

and sure enough, that's what the code does.

Sorry,
Larry