Re: "body" extension

2002-06-17 15:44:08

On Sun, 2002-06-16 at 10:57, Cyrus Daboo wrote:
What I would like to see are generic 'spamtest' and 'virustest' extensions
in sieve that would allow sieve implementations to take better advantage of
third-party tools in a transparent manner. For example, some spam tools
insert specific headers with the header content indicating the level of
spam. Right now you have to code a sieve script to recognise these headers
for each type of spam tool that you might use. A better approach, IMHO, is
to have a generic 'spamtest' command that returns a number in the range,
say, 0 to 10, that can be used to trigger an appropriate action.

This seems like a good idea to me.  Having these as external fields
helps; in some cases it can greatly reduce the amount of I/O necessary
(adding a header could require rewriting a lot of the message).

Tim