Re: imapflags is sticky?

2002-07-23 17:35:03

Scott Russell wrote:
Greets.

If this is not the right list please direct me to the right list. I
have a cyrus 2.1.5 box with sieve scripts. I'm wondering a bit about
the functionality of imapflags and fileinto.

Note that Cyrus implements draft -03 of imapflags in which the imapflags list is essentially a global variable. The latest draft makes an attempt to have both per action flags and global flags. The subsequent draft(s) make dispose of the global flags.

It appears as if setflag is sticky for all subsequent fileinto or keep
actions regardless of where the setflag was set in the script. For
example:

require ["fileinto", "imapflags"];

if header "subject" :contains "test1" {
   setflag "\\Seen";
   fileinto "test1 folder";
}

if header "subject" :contains "test2" {
   redirect "user(_at_)somewhere(_dot_)com";
   keep;
}

In this case if the header was "Subject: test1 test2" would the
following actions happen:

1) message flagged "Answered"

How would this happen?  You never set this flag.

2) message filed into folder "test1 folder"

The filed message would be marked as seen.

3) message forwarded to "user(_at_)somewhere(_dot_)com"
4) message filed into INBOX and NOT flagged as seen.

The kept message would also be marked as seen.

Software Engineer     21 Princeton Place
716-662-8973 x26      Orchard Park, NY 14127