Re: managesieve comments

2002-12-09 17:08:10

Hi Lyndon,

--On Monday, December 9, 2002 4:42 PM -0700 Lyndon Nerenberg <lyndon(_at_)orthanc(_dot_)ab(_dot_)ca> wrote:

|> - There is no support for disconnected/multi-access behaviour. In
|> particular, a client has to always upload a script before making it
|> active  as it has no way of knowing whether the one it uploaded in a
|> previous  session has been changed by some other client. This will be an
|> issue for  large scripts. The fix for this would be to have some kind of
|> modtime or  uid stamp for each script - this is probably not necessary
|> right now, but  may become important later.
|
| Can we just let the server return the MD5 digest of the script?

That would work. Are you suggesting a new command to return the MD5 of a named script?

I was thinking in IMAP terms of introducing a UID command and have that modify existing command behaviour:

UID LISTSCRIPTS - this would return the list of scripts with the UID for each script listed in the responses.

UID PUTSCRIPT - this would return the new UID as a response code in the OK response if it succeeded.

UID SETACTIVE - the client would provide a UID value in the command, and if that did not match the UID for the stored named script, the command would fail.

One could consider UID command for DELETESCRIPT and GETSCRIPT but I'm not sure of the value of those.

--
Cyrus Daboo