Re: Draft for script 'include' capability

2003-04-14 14:03:13

Hi Rob,

--On Monday, April 14, 2003 4:37 PM -0400 Rob Siemborski <rjs3(_at_)andrew(_dot_)cmu(_dot_)edu> wrote:

|> I prefer
|>   include :global "spam-tests";
|> over
|>   include "/global/spam-tests";
|>
|> the default should be to look in the personal folder.
|
| I like this.

Seems OK to me too, and provides a little better extensibility -- see next comment.

|> | 4 Open Issues:
|> |
|> |     1   Should we allow URIs to point to scripts to include?
|>
|> the possibility of reliance on external resources should not be
|> offered.
|
| I'm assuming your argument against this is "lack of utility" which I
| suspect I can agree with.

I think we can skip this for now and if it ever becomes necessary we can simply define it as a new extension and use the 'include :uri "..."' syntax for it.

--
Cyrus Daboo