Draft for script 'include' capability

2003-04-11 09:24:46

Below are details for a new draft that I just posted that describes a script 'include' capability for including one script inside another. I suspect this will be somewhat controversial. Obviously this has relevance to the current discussion on variables, in particular with regard to scoping. All comments welcome...

        Title           : SIEVE Include Extension
        Author(s)       : C. Daboo
        Filename        : draft-daboo-sieve-include-00.txt
        Pages           : 8
        Date            : 2003-4-10

The SIEVE [SIEVE] 'include' extension permits users to include one
SIEVE script inside another.  This can make managing large scripts
or multiple sets of scripts much easier, as well as supporting
common 'libraries' of scripts.  Users are able to include their own
personal scripts or site-wide scripts provided by the local SIEVE
implementation.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
<http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-daboo-sieve-include-00.txt>

--