Re: Last Call: Sieve -- Subaddress Extension to Proposed Standard

2003-05-05 08:13:14

I was just asked what would happen if this extension is used on an
address such as:

user+detail1+detail2(_at_)canonicaldomain(_dot_)dom

I'm proposing adding the following text to the draft:

"NOTE: If the separator character occurs more than once in the
local-part,
then the address SHOULD be split at the left-most separator."

Does this seem sufficient?  Should this be a MUST instead of a SHOULD?
Any other thoughts?

SHOULD seems sufficient. I see no reason we cannot add this during the
author 48 hour editing pass.