Re: Sieve Vacation and draft-moore-auto-email-response-04

2003-11-03 11:47:58

On Sat, Nov 01, 2003 at 10:34:11AM +0100, Arnt Gulbrandsen wrote:
Jutta Degener writes:
I don't think we should describe or limit the behavior of editor
applications at all.

One, clients aren't our core competency. We're describing a language,
not the diverse applications that produce scripts written in it.

An editor parses applications written in it, which is in scope. I agree
that the other functions of the editor are out of scope.

I thought we were discussing proscribing how the editor lets
its users enter input that eventually ends up in a field to
the vacation command.  ("Have a separate field to let people
enter the charset for later RFC2047-encoding.")  That's different
from the command syntax itself.

I think this is worth a sentence or so, making potential high-level
editor author aware that they need to parse both utf-8 and 2047-encoded
blah.

Yeah, that's reasonable.

Jutta