RE: Fileinto-except

2003-11-05 07:00:49

Hi Cyrus,

        Thanks for your comments.

|     Please share your views on the attached document.
|
|     I will submit a draft version after the queue is open.

Is the use of this meant to be to implement some sort of spam/virus
checking? If so, then I think this is overloading sieve too
far - sieve is
not meant to be an anti-spam/anti-virus tool. Instead you
should consider
using proper tools for that, and hook in the
spamtest/virustest extension
into sieve.

        I do not want to limit this to spam or virus checking. One of
the requirement
        for this is that I receive mails from certain individuals with
same attachment
        always, which I don't want to have in the mailbox and occupy
space.

        Instead I just be interested in the Main content of the message.

        The received message could indicate "a narration" that the
attachment has been
        removed for the user.

        I'm planning to leverage imap-remove extension which I've
proposed recently.

        +MG

--
Cyrus Daboo