Re: creative use of vacation - is 'reply' action needed?

2004-08-14 18:06:28

Cyrus Daboo wrote:

Irrespective of the value of these specific tests I do wonder whether we need a proper 'reply' action to handle automated responses [...]

The early Sieve drafts, in fact, had a reply command, but it was killed over an objection from John Myers, who was worried about giving users a way of sending replies without some limitations.

This type of automatic reply leads to sorcerer's apprentice problems. Of course, it's also really useful.

But that's why it's not there.

Tim