Re: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-sieve-variables-00.txt

2004-11-30 07:14:20

Few comments/questions after reviewing the document:

1). Is the first parameter of the STRING test (list of variable names) has to be "expanded"?

2). ABNF (or RFC 3028 "Syntax:" line) for MODIFIER is missing.
Also, I have an editorial suggestion. Section 5. ("Action set") doesn't mention modifiers at all, instead there is a subsection 5.1 for them

I would suggest to add the following sentence to section 5:

  Modifiers are applied on a value before it is stored in the variable.
  Modifier names are case insensitive. For more information see section 5.1

And drop the first 2 sentences at the top of 5.1.