Re: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-sieve-variables-00.txt

2004-12-05 00:03:38

On tir, 2004-11-30 at 14:14 +0000, Alexey Melnikov wrote:
Few comments/questions after reviewing the document:

1). Is the first parameter of the STRING test (list of variable names)
has to be "expanded"?

yes, it's a list of strings, not a list of variable names.

  test "a" "a"

this doesn't reference any variables, and is always true.

you can exploit this when using a variable as a set, ie. as an
enumeration of properties, "blue important filed".

  test :matches " ${var} " "* filed *"

the added spaces means "filed" will be found even if the property is the
last to be listed.

I'll add an example or two to the draft.

2). ABNF (or RFC 3028 "Syntax:" line) for MODIFIER is missing.

good catch.

Also, I have an editorial suggestion. Section 5. ("Action set") doesn't
mention modifiers at all, instead there is a subsection 5.1 for them

(hmm, section 0 seems to have been renumbered to 1 in this draft, I'll
revert that.)

I would suggest to add the following sentence to section 5:

   Modifiers are applied on a value before it is stored in the variable.
   Modifier names are case insensitive. For more information see section 5.1

And drop the first 2 sentences at the top of 5.1.

I'll give it a go :-)