Re: Working Group Last Call: draft-ietf-sieve-body-00.txt

2005-03-28 07:35:26

Please review this document and send issues to the list or direct to the
author(s).

4.2 Body Transform ":content"
MIME parts encoded in "quoted-printable" or "base64" content
-   transfer encodings MUST be decoded to prior to the match.
+   transfer encodings MUST be decoded prior to the match.

4.2 Body Transform ":content"
   For example, a document with "multipart" major content type only
   directly contains the text in its epilogue and prologue section;
   all the user-visible data inside it is directly contained in
   documents with MIME types other than multipart.

I don't think this is terribly clear.  For one thing I think it implies you
can't have nested multipart messages, which you can (send an attachment with
alternative content type).  I think it may be best illustrated using an
example.  I suggest:

   For example, suppose we have the following message:

     From: Whomever
     To: Someone
     Date: Whenever
     Subject: whatever

     --1234

     Hello

     --1234

     --1234--

   If the body test was used with :content specification "multipart", then we
would
   find the string "This is a multi-part message", but we would not find
"Hello", as
   Hello is in the direct contents of the text/plain and text/html body parts,
but only
   indirectly in the content of the multipart/alternative body part.

4.2 Body Transform ":content"
-   charset to  UTF-8, it MAY compare against the US-ASCII subset
+  charset to UTF-8, it MAY compare against the US-ASCII subset

7. Security Considerations
I suggest:
-   replacement for a virus or spam filtering system.
+  replacement for a spam, virus or other security related filtering system.

I'd also suggest:
-   pattern.  However, variable references in the pattern string
-   are evaluated as described in the draft, if the extension
-   is present.
+   pattern.  However, if the extension is present, variable
+   references in the pattern string are evaluated as described
+   in the draft.

Nigel