Re: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-sieve-vacation-00.txt

2005-03-29 08:24:35

Hi Michael,

--On March 29, 2005 10:57:15 +0200 Michael Haardt <michael(_at_)freenet-ag(_dot_)de> wrote:

RFC 3028 does not specify how strings using MIME parts are used to compose
messages.  The vacation draft refers to RFC 3028 and does not specify it
either.  As a result, different implementations generate different mails.
The Exim Sieve implementation splits the reason into header and body.
It adds the header to the mail header and uses the body as mail body.
Be aware, that other imlementations compose a multipart structure with
the reason as only part.  Both conform to the specification (or lack
thereof).

So I agree, more should be said.  Even the above is more helpful for
development of new implementations that the current state.

Bring this issue up in the 3028bis dicussions if you feel this needs to be clarified in the base spec revision.

--
Cyrus Daboo