Re: Working Group Last Call: draft-ietf-sieve-editheader-00.txt

2005-04-05 04:02:54

Alexey Melnikov writes:
Cyrus Daboo wrote:
>  For the purpose of weeding out duplicates, a message modified
>  by addheader or deleteheader MUST be considered the same as
>  the original message.

Hmm, even if the scripts replaces the Message-Id header ;-)?

It seems to me that banning removal/addition of certain fields simplifies life a lot without removing significant benefit: Message-ID, Content-Type, Content-Transfer-Encoding and MIME-Version.

Modifying those four fields adds so many corner cases to the implementations. Do we have to go there? Is it perhaps better to just say "editheader operations MUST NOT modify those four fields"?

(Solving a difficult problem gives a certain satisfaction. But avoiding it can be good, too.)

Arnt