Re: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-sieve-vacation-01.txt

2005-04-13 19:52:22

On Wed, Apr 13, 2005 at 01:07:42PM +0200, Kjetil Torgrim Homme wrote:
On Tue, 2005-04-12 at 15:10 -0400, Mark E. Mallett wrote:
    A vacation profile is created in one of two ways.  The first way
    is via an explicit handle, which names the profile.  All
    vacation statements that use the same handle will be considered
    to have the same profile.

you are introducing the term "profile" here, but the keyword is :handle.
I think this mismatch is unfortunate and unnecessary.  :profile is a
better name for the tag.

Either word is fine by me, you are right about the error in using both.

          The second way is via a synthesis of
    the other vacation arguments ":days", ":subject", and ":from"
    (etc).

okay, so you went back to using all arguments in the hash? or is the
"etc." a reference to some other text.

Mainly it means that I lost track of what the final concensus was
in this thread.  I just threw in some of them to illustrate a kind
of wording, not to *be* the wording.

I'd prefer the text was something like

        The second way is via a synthesis of the other vacation
        arguments which modify the response message, such as ":subject"
        or the reason text.

"such as" is non-commital enough that we can leave the more stringent
explanation for a later paragraph.

Seems reasonable.

mm