The last remaining issue in the Sieve variables draft

2005-04-24 09:50:11

Hi group,

I would like to solicit some comments on the last remaining issue in the Sieve variables draft. The latest version of the document prohibits all numeric second (and lower) level namespaces, e.g. a variable name "foo.1.3" is not legal. My personal opinion (chair hat off) is that we should allow for such variable names, just in case we later on decide to allow variable names based on MIME part numbering, or something similar. Does anybody have any opinion in support or against this change?

Alexey