Re: 3028bis open issue #2: unknown envelope-part names

2005-07-04 09:11:34

Alexey Melnikov wrote:

another is whether the spec should have an opinion on
whether the error should be detected at parse/compile time or at
execution time (I'd either go with either the latter or unspecified).

IMHO, my general answer to this is "as soon as possible". But if Sieve "variables" are also implemented, it might not be possible to check this until runtime.

And this also suggests that if such errors are detected at runtime, they should not cause script execution error.