Re: 3028bis open issue #2: unknown envelope-part names

2005-07-15 05:31:40

Philip Guenther wrote:

Anyway, for now I've amended the first paragraph of section 5.4 to read:

  The "envelope" test is true if the specified part of the SMTP (or
  equivalent) envelope matches the specified key.  This specification
  defines the interpretation of the (case insensitive) "from" and "to"
  envelope-parts.  Additional envelope-parts may be defined by other
  extensions; implementations SHOULD consider unknown envelope parts an
  error.

Perhaps I'm misreading the work/pain implied by the SMTP-AUTH reference.
Do those with more experience think it'll be easy?
I personally think that it would be quite difficult to move the whole chain of SMTP-AUTH references (SASL (2222bis), ...) to Draft. So a separate document would be better.