Re: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-sieve-3028bis-04.txt

2005-07-22 01:04:01

On Thu, Jul 21, 2005 at 10:02:47AM -0700, Tim Showalter wrote:
Michael Haardt wrote:
Section 1.1:

  Each section on a command (test, action, or control) has a line
  labeled "Syntax:".  This line describes the syntax of the command,
  including its name and its arguments.

If this line described syntax, its contents would be listed in the
grammar.  There is a number of RFCs that list specific rules throughout
the document, explaining them, and all of them are listed together in
the full grammar.  That's _not_ the case for Sieve.

You're right.  The word "Syntax" should be replaced by "Usage" or
something.  I don't think "Semantics" is right, either.

"Usage" sounds much better indeed.

Michael