Re: removeflag \recent

2005-09-15 14:41:35

Arnt Gulbrandsen wrote:

Which reminds me - as I read the imapflags draft, it's not clear whether \recent can be changed using removeflag (and once removed, set again using setflag).

I suggest that removeflag should NOT be able to modify \recent, since similar IMAP commands cannot set it either. hasflag could test it (since similar IMAP commands can) but considering that the result is true always, I don't see much value in allowing \recent for hasflag.

I wholeheartedly agree; \Recent is typically not modifyable (given Cyrus mail stores that I remember, and presumably UW stores as well), and we don't want to even suggest that it should be modifyable.

(\Recent can be implemented with timestamps, but not if it's modifyable.)

Tim