removeflag \recent

2005-09-15 03:40:56

Dave Cridland writes:
The only distinctions in IMAP itself that springs to mind is that system flags can affect, or be affected by, the IMAP server (\Seen, \Deleted, \Recent - but not \Answered, \Flagged or \Draft) and that system flags have shorthand search criteria (ANSWERED, UNSEEN, etc). Otherwise, they behave identically.

Which reminds me - as I read the imapflags draft, it's not clear whether \recent can be changed using removeflag (and once removed, set again using setflag).

I suggest that removeflag should NOT be able to modify \recent, since similar IMAP commands cannot set it either. hasflag could test it (since similar IMAP commands can) but considering that the result is true always, I don't see much value in allowing \recent for hasflag.

Arnt