Re: Working Group Last Call: draft-ietf-sieve-3431bis-01.txt (relational test)

2005-09-14 09:17:34

Michael Haardt wrote:

On Tue, Sep 06, 2005 at 11:28:20AM +0100, Alexey Melnikov wrote:
I would like to draw your attention to the following draft:

<http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-sieve-3431bis-01.txt>

A two week working group last call of this document starts today on September 6th 2005 and ends on Tuesday, September 20th 2005 at 6 pm EST.

Please review this document and send issues to the list or direct to the author(s).

I have no serious issues, but some minor ones:

I miss a list of changes.  Aren't there any?

Only explanation what things like "gt", "eq", etc. mean

I miss a table of contents, too.
I believe RFC editor can address this, once the document is approved.

I miss a section "Interaction with Other Sieve Actions".  Obviously,
"relational" is only incompatible with comparators that return no
sort information.  There are no incompatibilities with any actions
and implicit keep is not touched, but I would prefer not having to
read that between the lines.

Section 2:

  The capability string associated with extension defined in this
  document is "relational".

I think this does not belong to "Conventions used in this document",
but to its own section "Capability Identifier".

Section 4.1:

  The VALUE match type may be used with any comparator which returns
  sort information.

And which comparator of the base language does that? All, I guess,
but I miss reading that.

"relational" draft is not the place for listing such comparators. There is a separate document (currently draft-newman-i18n-comparator-05.txt) that defines the comparator registry.