Re: Working Group Last Call: draft-ietf-sieve-3431bis-01.txt (relational test)

2005-09-20 09:40:35

My 3431bis comments:

--
§2 ¶1

Change:

  MUST be declared a require clause as defined in [SIEVE].

  MUST be declared in a require clause as defined in [SIEVE].

                   ^^

--
§2 and elsewhere: change [ACAP] reference to i18n document.

--

Various places: 'syntax' -> 'usage'

--
§3 perhaps there ought to be an informative reference to 'C', or at least define it somewhere as 'the C programming language'.

--
§3.2

The phrase 'number of recipients' is not strictly right as From addresses can be tested and that is not a 'recipient'.

Exactly what are we talking about here? The number of 'addr-spec' elements as defined by 2822?

Also, I am not sure about the comment on groups. A group can have a list of email addresses included - do those get counted or not? It would be useful to have an example illustrating this if its not clear. Perhaps text should be:

        Group names are ignored, but the list of addresses in a group,
        if provided, are counted.

--
§3.2 ¶6

Change:

        comparing the total number of "to" and "cc" addresses;

        compares the total number of "to" and "cc" addresses;

              ^^

--
Examples: all of the examples use [...] around single string-list items, which is not strictly necessary. I always prefer to see the most 'compact' syntax representation where ever possible. This is just a personal preference.

--
§5 Examples:

Change:

        elseif

        elsif

--

§5: the 'if allof' statement is missing a closing right-paren.

--

§5: 'fileinto' needs to be in the 'require' statement.

--
§8: update SIEVE reference to 3028bis.

--
Cyrus Daboo