Re: Working Group Last Call: draft-ietf-sieve-imapflags-01.txt

2005-09-23 04:13:50

Thanks Philip. I am answering to part of your comments and will get to the rest later on.

Philip Guenther wrote:

Why is the [Variables] reference mixed cased instead of being
[VARIABLES]?
Changed.

The ignoring of extra spaces in flag lists should include leading and
trailing spaces.

Ok, section 2.1, the middle of the third paragraph now reads:

  However spaces MUST be always allowed. Multiple
  spaces between flag names MUST be treated as a single space character,
  leading and trailing spaces MUST be ignored.

Should tabs and CRLF pairs also be ignored?

No :-).

That
would let applications use multiline literals:
        addflag "flagvar" text:
        \deleted \answered
        .

[...]

The third paragraph of section 4 regarding "hasflag" and reordering
makes no sense to me.  "hasflag" must split the supplied list of flag
and then iterate across it, but since it returns true if *any* of the
flags are present, the relative order of the flags doesn't matter, no?

You are right. The paragraph should be deleted.

There's no way to test whether a variable contains _only_ certain flags,
but I don't think that's needed either.

I don't think this is needed, as different flags are independent.